July 28, 2021 – JOLT – Inquiring (Beyond Answer) Minds Want To Know…
“We learn more by looking for the answer to a question and not finding it than we do from learning the answer itself.”
– Lloyd Alexander
What’s the difference between growing. . .
and remaining fixed? Staying in inquiry versus finding an “answer.”
For sure, with traditional education pounding us for exemplary grades to then make it in a highly competitive workplace, there’s a huge pull toward finding and stating the “answers”: from facts-spewed-back tests all the way to shareholder-focused boardroom solutions.
Answers are what consultants and experts get paid for.
Granted, the system prides answers because they pay off, especially short term. But, outside of the system, do they always pay off for you personally?
- When that role you wanted so bad was the “answer” but then it got stale with no progress?
- When that profession you locked into was the “answer” but then lost it’s sheen?
- When that person you were sure would complete you was your “answer” to relationship, but it fizzled?
Look, we can’t help but look for answers. We’re wired that way. Yet, when finding one, perhaps it’s good to remember that answers are, at best, for the moment. . .and to engage in ongoing “inquiry” beyond any such answer for more long-term results.
Counter to finding an answer, inquiry is about being open to possibilities, flexible to consider a wide variety of directions, and willing to step outside the safety zone that an “answer” provides.
- When the role is the answer for the moment but only a starting point for exploration of greater knowledge and abilities to be gained. . .inquiry is present.
- When the profession is an answer for the moment but only a launch pad for further examination and expression of your evolving Self. . .inquiry is present.
- When that person you were sure would complete you is the answer for the moment but only as the beginning of a dive into two becoming one through exposure, vulnerability and mutual healing. . .inquiry is present.
So, perhaps we want to tease ourselves in all areas of life to get our answers. Then, quickly follow up to strengthen ourselves ongoingly with inquiry.
I’ll discuss this more today at noon PST in the regular Wednesday Facebook Live video in our Back Forty Midlife Fliers group (join us here).
If you’re interested in inquiring into your career for possibilities beyond what you see now, check out a new program my HR executive wife and I put together to get folks ramped up for the BEST career transition time upon us: summer!
Yes, you’d be amazed how, beyond a good resume, your being in a position to meet the thought-leaders, hiring professionals and executives sitting beside you at the beach or an outdoor cafe can actually initiate way more traction than the typical front-door application approach. And, best thing is, you’re making those connections when most people think summer is the time to lay back on making career moves. . .putting you ahead!
Check it out here – https://www.careersecrets.com/dream-job-landing-pad – and let me know if you have any questions.
BTW, it’s a BRAND SPANKING NEW program with some polish, nips and tucks to be implemented. . .which is why we’re offering a HUGE discount for our initial beta testers.
This is the structure that will have you becoming stronger and better out of whatever career challenges you’ve been through: https://www.careersecrets.com/dream-job-landing-pad.
Think differently, play better.
CareerGuy and Back Forty Freedom Flier
Got your inquiry beyond your answer?
– Martin H. Fischer
The post July 28, 2021 – JOLT – Inquiring (Beyond Answer) Minds Want To Know… appeared first on CareerGuy.com.