Welcome to The Back Forty Fliers
To empower midlifers to create their second half of life as their best half. Through live programs, retreats, online courses, and publications, this community supports midlifers at any age to do what we came here to do: in life, in difference making, in world impact.
We envision a world where:
- The idea of “midlife opportunity” flourishes and “midlife crisis” is obsolete.
- Midlife is seen as a doorway to our greatest achievements and expression of purpose.
- Individuals are inspired to think in innovative, creative, and radical ways, independent from their past, to create unprecedented results in their future.
- Life becomes an ever-expansive process of fulfillment.
Interested in seeing your work appear on The Back Forty Fliers blog? Please review our guidelines below and e-mail your submission to email@example.com.
- Submissions should be submitted as a .doc document. If you are going to link to a website and/or social channels, please be sure that those links (maximum two) are included within the blog itself (hyperlinked).
- We primarily accept original content. However, if a submission has previously appeared on another website or blog, please include a link to all places where it currently appears in the body of your email and we will still consider it.
- If you are submitting a photo or photos (we highly recommend this for higher view ranking), please be sure they are high resolution and at least one of them is landscape size (horizontal). Please attach photos separate from your .doc (but you may also include your images in the document where you’d like each photo placed).
- If you would like to include a video in your post, please be sure it is uploaded and live on YouTube or Vimeo first and include a link in the body of your email.
- Although there is no minimum or maximum length for a blog post, 800 words is a good ballpark to keep in mind.
- We may request edits before a post goes live to ensure that it meets our standards and is in line with our philosophy.
- We publish inspiring second-half-of-life content including, but not limited to, the following categories:
- Health & Fitness
- Relationships & Sex
- Midlife Advice
- Life & Dream Fulfillment
- Midlife Challenges
- Personal Growth
- The Back Forty does not pay for content, although all posts will be promoted on our social media platforms.
- You are welcome to tell our audience what you do and promote yourself and your website if you follow the below guidelines.
- If you market products or services, please send people to a section of your own website so they can learn more. Links to external sales pages like Amazon are not permitted.
- Please keep pitches and sales talk to a minimum. If we feel that your post is more focused on “selling” than inspiring, we will either ask for a re-write or reject your submission entirely.
- Limit external links to 2 per submission.